Translate

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Good News: Spring Equinox and Canada Geese Return

If you haven't noticed, but I'm sure you have, there is only news about the coronovirus on the tele, radio and in the newspapers. Everything else has shrunk to invisibility.

Today, in the Northern Hemisphere at least, the breaking news is that Spring has sprung, the geese are returning in grand conflagrations, honking all night outside my window. We have a front row seat, or should I say, a back yard seat, to this glorious gathering - no social distancing is being practiced and the rules of isolation do not apply.

It makes my heart glad to see and hear them. I saw my first robin as well, and a few cardinals have been peeping and piu-ing all week. On my walks along the Lakeshore (part bike path, part pedestrian and only one lane for cars), I have never seen so many kids on bikes, skateboards, scooters, and loads of happy smiling faces glad to get outdoors after a long Canadian winter, and despite much self-isolation and quarantine. I heard one mom say, no dear we won't go down the boat ramp to see the geese, there are too many people. We are all respecting our 1 metre (or is it 2?) distances.

But what a glorious thing, despite the terror, confusion and tumult of health crisis, economic crisis and lock-down everywhere imaginable (except apparently on Florida March break beaches!), we are thriving and surviving.

Now I know my neighbourhood is mostly protected from financial hardships - my husband is working from home but his salary is not affected. Others I know who are self-employed fitness instructors, yoga instructors, workshop leaders like myself, and airline attendants who are laid off, are not so lucky because all gyms are closed, schools and universities may be closed for the term, and nobody is getting massaged, or trained or even treated at the osteopath.

So inspite of this gloomy scenario, I do feel better today, on day 7 of our quarantine. It may be the chill pill I took to help rid me of anxiety attack this morning...but hey, whatever helps you stay calm, I say. Yoga, meditation, listening to soothing music, and yes, creativity! I have made four SoulCollage(R) cards since Monday, done several readings, in groups on Zoom and alone at home. And journaled to keep my heart happy. Art journaling is another passtime that brings me into flow and serenity. My poor hubby is caught up in the financial crisis, holding his clients' hands and trying to reassure them all is not lost. So I am really aware that these are troubled times.

I took a short video of the geese and put it on both my Facebook pages, if you want to get a taste of spring. Get outside and celebrate the return of the light. https://www.facebook.com/pg/beyourownoracle/posts/?ref=notif

It won't stay dire forever. Keep hope alive.

xxxxx
jenn
SoulCollage(R) card: Coronovirus pandemic panic 
I am one who is too aware of all the social media posts and warnings.
I am one who seeks balance in this tipsy turvy time.
I seek to switch my focus to what is well in the world.

I am one who is dealing with the isolation well.
I feel calm and at peace, if a bit lonely.
Social distancing and solituded are my natural habitat.
but I do miss my 'school' of fish, retreats and workshops.



No comments: