Translate

Friday, February 19, 2010

In the Stillness of Retreat

In the stillness of this moment, I am peace.

I'm listening to a Retreat music CD, taking a few moments to prepare for a retreat March 14 that I will lead at H-OM yoga studio in Hudson, Quebec.

This music is gently rocking me into a feeling of peace, like a lullabye, coming to a slower breathing rate, in spite of the frantic pace of the morning, trying to pack, make lists, prepare for a 2 week vacation in Turks & Caicos (yes, I am so lucky!).

I am waiting, I allow myself to wait, 
I am waiting, I allow myself to wait.
My life's been moving , way too fast
I need to stop and take a breath
to see what the Lord wants me to do
so for now I wait and I listen....

Wish I could post the music too, it's very relaxing and soothing piano and voice.

Just wanted to leave you with a reminder to Breathe, Listen, Wait, Rest...if you are in transition, if you are impatient to start something new, if you are leaving something behind, if you are just crazy busy and don't know when you'll get a break.....Take One Now.   

"I will only go as fast as the slowest part of me....I hold myself like a newborn baby child."

Don't wait for a break down, a broken leg, or a break-up to push you into Self-Care mode.  Be gentle with yourself, with your tender heart, now, today, this moment.

You are precious, valuable and loved :)

take good care,
musemother/jenn

music cd available from A Woman's Way  www.awoman's way.com
or
www.karendrucker.com for the music from A Retreat of My Own

1 comment:

Raven said...

Was sent this and thought it fit....


If you correct your mind,
the rest of your life will fall into place.
This is true because the mind is the
governing aspect of a human life.
If the river flows clearly and cleanly
through the proper channel,
all will be well along its banks.
The Integral Way depends on decreasing,
not increasing;

To correct your mind, rely on not-doing.
Stop thinking and clinging to complications;
keep your mind detached and whole.
Eliminate mental muddiness and obscurity;
keep your mind crystal clear.
Avoid daydreaming and allow your pure
original insight to emerge.
Quiet your emotions and abide in serenity.
Don't go crazy with the worship of idols, images, and ideas;
this is like putting a new head on top of the head you already have.

Remember: if you can cease all restless activity,
your integral nature will appear.


— Translated by Brian Walker

from the text
Hua Hu Ching
The Unknown Teachings of Lao Tzu
ISBN 9780060692452
http://www.amazon.com/Hua-Hu-Ching-Teachings-Lao/dp/0060692456/