Translate

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

My mom came up this weekend, and it's my daughter's birthday tomorrow - plus she had a big dance recital this weekend - 5 shows in four days - so it's been a busy weekend and lots of tension, getting places on time, and going out to eat.

It was a great gift that my mom (76) could come up and visit, and see her grand-daughter, all long-legged, elegant and beautiful in her dance costumes (ballet, ballet jazz, modern and hip-hop).

We are three generations of women with bad nerves, tight shoulder muscles and anxiety, but today, we let go and hung out a bit together; it was sunny, and warmish, a good day to sit outside.

That was as nice a mother's day gift as anything. The flowers were nice, too, and the cards. And my sister cooking brunch for us, and helping clean the kitchen, prepare supper. And the long talk we had while watching the Ottawa Senators beat the American team....

To top it off mom and I watched Monster-in-Law tonight, with my one-time mentor Jane Fonda (only long distance and through the movies mentor). We laughed our heads off a few times.

It's been a long day, but I just wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day and end of Mother's Week - but I'll still be reminding myself and you to Mother Ourselves, next week.

luv
musemother

No comments: