Translate

Friday, June 05, 2009

Friends Encouragement

Blogs are more than a personal diary, at least for me, the blog is a place to share information, reach out and touch someone with interesting facts or insights, and even make new friends. I especially love getting feedback and hearing from readers.

A friend wrote me this week to say she had visited the blog, browsed it, and found it chock-full of information and resources.

That encouragement is so helpful! thanks Sylvie for writing to me with your feedback.

I will never feel the need to 'tweet' about what I'm doing every minute of the day, because that is too much minutaie for anyone to be interested in. But today was not an ordinary day! I had a colonoscopy for the first time. Every person over 50 is supposed to have one, so I finally accepted my doctor's advice and booked one. It didn't take long, and the day before was more of a bother, what with emptying the colon all day.

However, if they offer a sedative, take it. I tried to be tough and go without it, but there was some discomfort and pain as they tried to reach all the way to the end of the colon, turning corners and helping the instruments along from outside as best they could.....won't go into more detail, but it was definitely easier once they put the drugs in an intravenus needle... I am so much more afraid of needles than of pain, that I put it off till the last minute, and now the Demerol is still wearing off.

Here is a quote from Conversations with God:

"For most of your life you've lived at the effect of your experiences. Now you're invited to be the cause of them. That is what is known as conscious living. That is what is called walking in awareness....

Be patient. You are gaining wisdom. And your joys are now increasingly available without pain. That too is a very good sign.


You are learning (remembering how) to love without pain; to let go without pain; to create without pain; to even cry without pain."

enjoy the new sun and warmth,

musemother

No comments: